Top 10 Ceiling Installation Tips
1) While Tip 1 may seem obvious to the experienced DIYer, it's worth mentioning. Be sure to remove the ceiling tiles, panels, or planks from the carton 24 hours before installation so they can adjust to the room temperature where you'll be installing your ceiling.
3) When installing the EASY UP track system, the first and last rows of metal tracks are installed 2" from the side walls. The rows of tracks in the middle are installed 12" on centers. Read more about it in Tip 10.
5) Have you ever wondered which gauge hanger wire to use for commercial jobs or residential jobs? We recommend using 12 gauge hanger wire for a commercial job and 12 or 16 gauge hanger wire for residential projects. Check out Tips 6, 7, and 8 in the guide to see more hanger wire quick tips.
6) Tip 9 in the guide shows two methods of squaring the grid: one using a string, plumb bob, and a 3-4-5 triangle, and the other one uses a string, main beams and cross tees. See the guide for step-by-step instructions for each squaring the grid method in Tip 9.
7) Did you know that you can cut a cross tee with snips then bend it like a hinge to make boxing around obstructions simpler? See Tip 13 in the full guide for instructions.
10) Did you know that incandescent lights, even in reflective high hat or can fixtures, are too hot for plastic surfaced panels, such as fiberglass? Check out Tip 23 in the guide for details.
Preparations help the ceiling installation process go faster and smoother. Use our time-saving ceiling installation tips help you to work smarter and save you from working harder.
PDF Tips for Ceiling Installers