Before you begin, remedy any issues that may affect application or pose a health threat.
- If you sustained a leak in your ceiling, make sure that the leak has been properly fixed and that any mold is remediated correctly.
- Remove any crumbling plaster or drywall, and always make sure that your new ceiling will be anchored to a solid surface.
- To create a clean, professional finish, make sure you apply the new ceiling to a flat surface.
- If you are concerned about another issue not mentioned, be sure to contact a professional in the corresponding field.
- If an old popcorn ceiling is in tact, don't worry about scraping! Just use the EASY UP tracks and clips to cover it up!
Option 1: Wood Look Ceilings
Add a touch a warmth and nature to a damaged ceiling, with one of two stunning wood look options: WOODHAVEN Planks and COUNTRY CLASSIC plank. Each has a simple direct apply method that can transform your old ceiling over the weekend. Just choose your favorite aesthetic.
View the Wood Look Collection
WOODHAVEN ceiling planks are available in many different finishes, and two options (1148 Painted White and 1149 Beadboard) are paintable. Matching your one-of-a-kind style has never been easier. Made of MDF (medium-density fiberboard), each panel is sturdy, easy-to-handle, and install.
5” x 84” WOODHAVEN planks can also directly apply to existing ceilings using the EASY UP installation system or furring strips and drywall screws (sold separately), making it a perfect ceiling repair alternative. Using staggered installation allows for less waste, and the beveled tongue and groove edge minimizes the appearance of gaps during normal expansion and contraction.
Learn more about WOODHAVEN plank installation.