Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ) is a measure of the quality of an indoor environment as it relates to human health, well-being and performance, including indoor air quality (IAQ), lighting, visual quality, acoustics, and thermal comfort.
Armstrong Ceilings – known for ceiling acoustics and sustainability innovations – is expanding our portfolio beyond traditional ceiling concepts to offer engineered products that improve air quality, clean and disinfect the air, and improve thermal comfort.
Discover how ceilings can help engineers improve IEQ for building owners, building managers and occupants alike.
Have questions about in-room air purification, ultraviolet light, filtration or thermal comfort?
Anne and our team can provide answers, along with MEP design & specification assistance, for your next project.
Connect with Anne
Solutions for Healthier, Safer Spaces
The Armstrong Ceilings portfolio is ideal for any environment where we want to reassure people going back to work, learn, heal, and play that they are surrounded by materials and systems that contribute to indoor environmental quality to keep them safe and healthier.
Filter the Air
- 24” x 24” design allows for easy installation in any suspended ceiling system – easy to incorporate in new spaces, or retrofit in existing spaces, with no HVAC system integration required
- In-ceiling air cleaning works more effectively than floor-based cleaning and is part of a long-term strategy to improve indoor air quality*
- Easy maintenance – easy to remove and replace the universal MERV 13 filter
- Integrates with occupancy sensors to save energy and maximize clean air while the space is occupied
*A simulation study performed by JB&B showed that for equivalent CFM, in-ceiling air purification delivered approximately 14% lower particle concentration than a floor-based air purification unit across all sampled inhalation zones.
Clean the Air
- Pair VIDASHIELD UV24 Air Purification System with ULTIMA HEALTH ZONE or SCHOOL ZONE FINE FISSURED ceiling panels to offer safe, unobtrusive in-room air purification for cleaner air
- The system includes shielded ultraviolet light and filtration which neutralizes 97%* of bacteria, viruses and allergens.
- Patented, scientifically proven UV-C air-cleaning technology; recirculates clean air back into the room
Seal Your Ceiling
- Seal the ceiling plane for improved indoor air quality
- Factory-gasketed edges reduce air leakage through the ceiling plane to direct airflow more effectively and improve indoor air quality
- Clean Room Performance up to ISO Class 5 (Class 100) using standard non-gasketed suspension systems
- Support negative or positive pressure-controlled spaces (without hold-down clips)
Solutions for Thermal Comfort
Circulate hot or cold water through concealed copper tubing on the back of the panels providing sustainable heating and cooling with minimal air ventilation requirements.
Hydronic radiant panels can be incorporated in various ceiling solutions including lay-in and torsion spring, providing unrestricted floor space since there is no need for floor mounted heating systems.
With radiant ceiling systems, surfaces are uniformly heated or cooled making occupant comfort easy to achieve year round.
GREEN BUILDING DESIGN
A combined radiant panel cooling system designed with a dedicated outdoor air mechanical system offers the potential to earn LEED certification points.
Anne P. Jennings, P.E.
Sr. Commercial Segment Manager, Healthy Spaces
I welcome the opportunity to talk with you about indoor air quality decisions you are facing. I can help assess the options, and together we can determine the best solutions.
Let’s get started by completing the form.