Anti-microbial ceiling tiles made of mineral fiber are treated with BioBlock coating to resist the growth of mold and mildew. Fiberglass tiles inherently resist the growth of mold and mildew.
Protection against Bio-Contamination
Effective control of bio-contamination is essential in the healthcare sector, especially in hospitals and clinics, in an effort to reduce infection rates.
Probably the most stringent global standard relating to healthcare premises is the French norm NF S 90-351, which focuses on requirements related to the control of airborne contamination.
“BIOGUARD Acoustic” contains a unique antimicrobial treatment, providing resistance against growth of mould/yeasts/mildew and Gram-positive and Gram-negative odour/stain causing bacteria.
Armstrong has conducted testing to NF S 90-351 and has met the tough requirements laid down in this norm, achieving the following high level of performance:
- Armstrong BIOGUARD Acoustic provides active protection against bio-contamination and can be applied in Zone 4 “Very High Risk” areas: (achieves Bacteriological Cleanliness Class B1/5/10)
- Tested to achieve a Bacteriological Cleanliness Class according to NF S 90-351
- The active Biocides in BIOGUARD Acoustic are tested to inhibit the growth of virulent strains of bacteria, mould and yeast, including MRSA, E-coli, Streptococcus Pneumoniae, Bacillus Cereus, Aspergillus Niger, Candida Albicans, Klebsiella Pneumoniae, Acinebacter Baumanii.
- The kill rate of these micro-organisms that land on the surface of the tile is 99.9% in less than 72 hours.
Other Hygienic Features to Consider:
Some Armstrong ceilings (HZ Panel) can effectively restrain mold multiplication, thus suited to healthcare environment and clean room spaces.
Anti-Microbial Ceilings Are Ideal For:
- Clean rooms
- Education (Science Labs)
- Data Centres / computer rooms