Indoor Air Quality
Increasing attention is being given to the quality of the indoor environment and the presence of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) within it.
Armstrong ceiling products achieve low or very low VOC and Formaldehyde emission levels and have been classified M1 (Finnish emission classification of building materials), and A/A+ (French VOC labeling).
Low VOC emission ceiling products contribute to LEED®, BREEAM, HQE, DGNB and Ska credits.
Download Armstrong Green Building Rating Tool Performance Tables for emission classifications.
In certain areas, it is essential to limit the number of airborne particles by creating a Clean Room-type environment using products certified in accordance with ISO 14644-1.
Armstrong offers solutions for areas requiring minimal to the most stringent requirements: Bioguard, Parafon Hygien, Clean Room FL, Perla OP 0.95 & Perla OP 1.00.
The light reflectance of the ceiling, floor and wall surfaces play the second most important role for overall illumination of the room, directly affecting working comfort, wellbeing and productivity.
Benefits of High Light Reflectance Ceilings
A well designed ceiling with high light reflectance:
- Improves space illumination, allowing for fewer light fixtures
- Reduces electrical light output
- Lowers maintenance costs, and
- Reduces cooling load
- High light reflectance ceilings, such as ULTIMA+ or PERLA return up to 90% of the light back into the space.
- Island ceilings, such as OPTIMA CANOPIES, installed over a working place improve the light reflection for better comfort for the end user.
- Metal ceilings, in a full range of plank and tile options, can help to improve light reflection and distribution.
Specifying high light reflectance ceilings contributes to LEED®, BREEAM, HQE, DGNB and Ska credits.
Download Armstrong Green Building Rating Tool Performance Tables for light reflectance values.
In all types of spaces, choosing the right acoustical solution will enhance the end user's overall comfort.
Determine what is required:
- Intelligibility - I want to be understood
- Concentration - I do not want to be disturbed
- Confidentiality - I do not want to be overheard
Armstrong can help you find the right acoustical solution for your space offering the largest range of
- Reflective products
- Absorptive products (up to 1.00 αw with OP range & OPTIMA)
- Room to room sound attenuation performance dB range (up to 43dB for ULTIMA+ dB planks)
Achieving the right acoustics for specific rooms is recognised in LEED®, BREEAM, HQE, DBNG and Ska credits.
Download Armstrong Green Building Rating Tool Performance Tables for acoustical values.