Ceiling systems are a key element of energy conservation. A well designed ceiling with high light reflectance improves space illumination, allowing for fewer light fixtures, a reduced electrical light output, lower maintenance costs and a reduced cooling load.
Daylight and electrical lighting represent the two primary sources of lighting in the workplace. The light reflectance of the ceiling, floor and wall surfaces play the second most important role for overall illumination of the room, directly affecting working comfort and productivity.
Benefits of High Light Reflectance Ceilings
- Light Reflectance ≥ 90% ⇒ 20% cost saving with indirect lighting
- Total building energy savings up to 11%
- 7% savings in cooling system energy
- High light reflectance ceilings contribute to LEED®, BREEAM, HQE, DGNB and Ska credits by improving visual comfort.
Download Armstrong Green Building Rating Tool Performance Tables.
CoolZone, at the heart of your energy ambitions..
Saves Carbon - Saves Cost - Improves Comfort
CoolZone incorporates BASF Micronal phase change material into Armstrong's plain metal ceiling tiles. The phase change material encased in the cassette stores and releases large amounts of energy, reducing cooling costs and maintaining a comfortable temperature in which to work, live, learn and play.
The thermal mass of the buildings structure absorbs daytime thermal gains. During the night time, the heat stored in the thermal mass of the building is released back to the room. Contact between the air within the room and the buildings thermal mass is needed in order for thermal transfer to occur.
Island ceilings provide an ideal solution in these instances. How? By adding design elements to a space and helping to maintain acoustical and visual comfort.
Armstrong's Canopy range:
- Offers a choice of material: mineral, wood and metal
- Available in a large range of shapes and sizes
- Are very easy to install and dismantle, enabling easy re-location and reuse.
The Armstrong Axiom Canopy range:
- Manufactured to pre-designed sizes and packaged with all the necessary components in our factory
- Easy on-site installation along with no wasted materials or components.