Anti-microbial ceiling tiles made of mineral fibre are treated with BioBlock coating to resist the growth of mould and mildew. Fibreglass tiles inherently resist the growth of mould and mildew.
Protection against Bio-Contamination
Bioguard Acoustic Ceiling Panels have been tested to NF S 90-35: 2003 and JIS Z2801:2000, demonstrating active protection against bio-contamination:
- Preventing the build-up of bacteria, mould and yeast including: Acinebacter Baumanii, Bacillus Cereus, Streptococcus Pneumoniae, escherichia Coli, Methicilin resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA), Aspergillus Niger, Candida Albicans, Klebsiella Pneumoniae,
- Preventing the settlement of micro-organisms that land on the surface of the tile.
- Bio-contamination performance is active during the life-time of the ceiling as long as the surface is intact and internal conditions are maintained as outlined by ASHRAE
- BIOGUARD Acoustic can be applied in Zone 4 “Very High Risk” areas achieving a Bacteriological Cleanliness Class B1
- The Biocides in Bioguard Acoustic are harmless for people, animals and plants.
- BIOGUARD Acoustic is tested by CETEC to satisfy the low VOC requirements of Green Star IEQ.
See our Mould & Mildew Resistance FAQs to learn more.
Other Hygienic Features to Consider:
Some Armstrong ceilings (HZ Panel) can effectively restrain mould multiplication, thus suited to healthcare environment and clean room spaces.
Anti-Microbial Ceilings Are Ideal For:
- Clean rooms
- Education (Science Labs)
- Data Centres / computer rooms